Thursday, April 26, 2012

Unknown PCI device when installing ATI Radeon HD2400 PRO on a eMachines with integrated NVIDIA video card?

I installed the new video card, it is recognised but another PCI device is detected and I have no ideea what it is and the PC is not finding any driver for it! My eMachines is a W3118 model with 2 Gb RAM. The OS is Windows XP and the video card is a Powercolor. There is no manual for its installation on the producer site. After I phisically installed it, I installed the drivers from the CD that came in the box.|||So the video card works I am assuming?



You can go to your computer's device manager. PCI devices are usually found under "Other devices" That might tell you what it is.



Is the pop up box annoying you or just a hassle?



You can right click on the PCI icon. It usually has a yellow ! mark and disable it. That should prohibit the message from appearing on your screen.



Hopefully I interpreted that correctly.|||if its not hurting your pc don't worry about it.I'm not sure but i had integrated nvidia graphics on my old emachines pc,if i remember correctly i think i disabled the integrated card

by right clicking on my computer then properties and finally in device manager under display adapters make sure there is 1 display not 2 that is enabled. disable your integrated card by clicking on it and select disable reboot and good luck|||If you have integrated video on your motherboard, you need to disable this in BIOS.



Video cards often have multiple functions. You may have an HDMI or some other output on the new board which is considered by the OS to be a 2nd device.



Bottom line: if everything's working, don't sweat it.



Jim, http://www.jimpettis.com/wheel/|||Jims right. Thats ATI's audio or HDML. To fix it you'll have to download and install drivers from ATI for it. I'd try the latest video drivers first. You can scroll down this page and see the post about the same thing with a 2600 card called "

ATI HD2600 "Unknown PCI device" solution"

http://redwinedrummer.wordpress.com/

There is a link with a red "here" that actually has drivers but I would only try them as a last resort but the new cards probably use the same ones.

No real biggie and doesn't have to be fixed unless it annoys you.

No comments:

Post a Comment