Thursday, April 26, 2012

How do I use two video cards with my emachines desktop?

I have an Emachines T2085 with an add-on video card and an onboard one. Only the add-on card will run. The other monitor doesn't work. I know the on-board card is working correctly because it did before the new card went in.|||i think the two video cards must be the exact same, like two Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTXs, for example

hope that helps|||I have had this problem before, trying to use onboard and add on graphics. I think I solved it by setting the BIOS to use the onboard graphics as default, not the add on which might have become the new default after installation.|||Try this guide:



http://freepctech.com/pc/001/guide_dual_…|||You can't use the add-on card and the onboard card at the same time. If you want to use two monitors, your video card has to be able to support it and have two ports.|||Usually most mainboards do not allow simultaneous usage of both on-board video and external video.



For more information about Dual Monitor, see

http://www.guipedia.net/guidewiki/Dual_M…

No comments:

Post a Comment