Friday, April 27, 2012

Emachines T2885 Video Card Installing?

I just bought a Geforce FX5200 video card and i want to install it on my emachines t2885. I see a place on the motherboard where it says "AGP Port", but all i see are these circular metal dots maybe about 2mm in diameter. there are maybe 20 of them.



Can i still install it? I heard the video card is built in to the motherboard,so if i can install it will i be able to disable the other video card?|||This really depends on if your machine has an AGP slot. It sounds like it doesn't. I looked your system up on the eMachines website and it doesn't say anything about expansion slots. I am guessing it has no PCI or PCI-E slots and the AGP slot, although the motherboard could support one, your model does not have one.



Since there is no expansion capability, I think you are out of luck on upgrading the video.|||If you don't see a brown card slot next to the white pci slots,

Then your motherboard has no AGP slot for upgrades.

I saw some with and some without at the eMachines site.

If yours is the one without, I would strongly recommend getting

a newer PC for gaming.

Sorry about the bad news.

d:o[

Avatarxz|||Are you looking on the motherboard inside or at back of computer? There should be a slot inside where you slip the card in. You'll have to remove the plate on back of machine. You go into the bios and disable the onboard graphics there.

You have the manual right? there should be a picture of the board there. If theres no AGP port inside you'll have to go with a PCI video card, that is, if you have a free PCI slot. Should always make sure you have a slot to put your card into before you buy the card!

No comments:

Post a Comment