Friday, April 27, 2012

Need specific Hard Drive, Video Card and CPU upgrade suggestions for eMachines T6524?

Can you give me specific upgrade suggestions for my eMachines T6524.



I am wanting to upgrade my hard drive, video card and cpu.



Specific suggestions are much appreciated (or websites I can use to make sure upgrades are compatible with my PC). For example, I used crucial.com for my memory upgrades.



I want to increase performance of streaming video at full screen, running multiple applications (when I am downloading torrents, it greatly decreases the speed of other applications), also I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I want to be able to run N64 emulators smoother.



Here are my specs.

eMachines T6524

Windows XP MCE '05

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3500+

2.20 GHz

2000 MHz FSB

512 KB L2 Cache

250gb ATA hard drive

1024 MB DDR SDRAM Dual Channel (but I have already added an add'l 1gb ram)

Video ATI RADEON XPRESS 200

PCI Express slot available



Also, I have been told I will probably have to increase my power supply.



Thanks...|||Honestly, its not worth even trying to upgrade the CPU. Your system uses socket 939, which was replaced 3 years ago with socket AM2, and we are now moving into socket AM3.



You have pretty much the fastest CPU you are going to find anymore for that board.



Pretty much the same story with the hard drive, its just not worth it. You already have a 250Gig 7200RPM hard drive, you aren't going to see a boost from upgrading to a newer drive that would have essentially the same specs.



Now, you could upgrade the video card, for your needs I'd say an ATI, HD 4850 or higher would be more than adequete. If you want to go NVidia, get a 9800 or a GTX 260.



For $100 this would be perfect for you, and would not need a power supply upgrade:



http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as…



The other thing you might want to look at would be your memory. bumping it up to 2Gig wouldn't hurt. But here like with your CPU, you are stuck using the older DDR memory as opposed to DDR2 or DDR 3.|||to do all that it's easier to just by another computer or start from scrtach.

the 2 sites i use to buy everything on are.



http://www.newegg.com/



http://www.tigerdirect.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment