Thursday, April 26, 2012

Installing a Video Card in an Emachines W3653?

I'm trying to install a XFX Geforce 8400 GS video card in an Emachines W3653. If I boot up with the video card installed the screen is blocky and extremely distorted. I cant install the drivers before I install the card because when I attempt to run the setup CD that came with the video card it tells me I don't have an XFX product installed. Any help would be appreciated.|||Try this :

1.Uninstall your old video drivers in Add/remove programs.

2. Reboot and go to bios and turn off any on board/integrated video card.

3. When windows comes up install the latest nvidia driver for the card. The latest may not be on the cd. Check the nvidia site.

4. Probably need another reboot.

Good luck

No comments:

Post a Comment