Thursday, April 26, 2012

I want to upgrade my video card on an eMachines E620- 5885 from ATI Radeon X1200 to something like GeForce?

Like I said, I want to upgrade my eMachines E620-5885 from ATI Radeon X1200 to a GeForce graphics card. Is it possible?|||Unfortunately, you cannot change the video card on laptops, it's built-in to the motherboard. So whatever it came with, is permanent for the lifetime of the unit.



On desktops you can buy better video cards, sound cards, power supplies etc. and replace components.



The only way to upgrade a laptop's graphics capability is with an external video adapter like the ATI XGP or Asus XG station, but those are expensive.|||Prebuilt pc's have minimal power supplies to keep price competitive.

You will probably need a higher wattage psu if you get 9600 or above geforce.

Get a 500W psu with 18 - 20 amps on the +12V output will handle most single card geforce setups.



I didnt check the model number E620- 5885 is a laptop the next poster is right.You can't upgrade the graphics adapter it is onboard graphics

No comments:

Post a Comment